Re: RC: Standing to Mount

  Good post, Kimberly! The only thing I would add to
this is, vary how you move off so your horse never
anticipates moving forward after being mounted.
Sometimes I'll back up a few steps before going
forward, sometimes I'll side pass one way or the
other, sometimes a turn on the forehand and other
times a turn on the haunches. I have found this
teaches my horse to wait on me for which direction to
move.

Penny & Daisy