RE: Forget standards, how 'bout 3 speed on the column?

I had a beat up 67 Bronco in college with a 3 on the tree.  I loved it - and
the stares I got driving it.  It had no doors and occasionally one of the
shift linkages would get stuck and I'd have to crawl under it to adjust it
before I could take off from a light.

Want to hear something stranger - ever seen a 4 speed on the column?  We had
a 64 Mercedes that we thought was a 3 speed.  Thought reverse was broken and
that it had no power.  Amazingly the thing could crawl up a hill starting in
3rd gear.

Had an automatic once - it was a pushbutton so it made up for the loss of
fun with no clutch!

Marlene