RE: trailers

I have heard from other trailer dealers that
Exciss are not
that great of a trailer, even had one dealer tell me they were junk. Any
opinions out there on the
brand. Oh, btw, looked at an Elite trailer,

I've not talked to anyone who anything particularly nice to say about Exciss.  Basically, the consenses was the same: for what you pay for them they are junk.  Yeah, they are the low end of alum. trailers but it is still too high for what you get.

We just went through the trailer dilemma.  I had a new CM three horse slant, bp, steel trailer. But when I pulled it jerked, jerked, jerked, on my lower back.  I felt that if this was what I was feeling imagine what my horse felt.  I couldn't see pulling him 5 -6 hours to a ride and having him feel like doing an endurance race.  So, with less than 1500 miles on the CM I went  trailer shopping.  After much angst and research I ended up with a new Sundowner, 3 horse slant, GN, with large tack room (oh that I had the $$$$ for a living quarters!).  It pulls like a dream. Is cooler and more ventilated than the CM, and it's resale value will hold.  Also, I feel that he is in a safer trailer.  I don't know how far you are from Weatherford, TX but it is the mecca of horse trailers.  If you don't want to go for a new trailer there are thousands of used ones there, too.

Basically, I bugged ever person I saw at ever gas station and horse event who had a large aluminum trailer asking what they liked and didn't like and how far they hauled.  Sundowner was by and  large the most favored.

Kris