Riding tights

After about 10 years of use, my old Patagonia tights are beginning to die
and I am dying with them. I got the Patagonias because my sister in law in
California works in the Skunkworks there and she sent me some. They are
amazingly tough and have stood up to riding almost daily (when I was
luckier) with only the loss of the stitching to hold on the faux-leather
knee patches. I didn't mind that much since they were actually more comfy
without the patches. But now what can I replace them with? I got a pair of
Saddlebums...very nice, not cheap but RAAATHER sheer for a Muslim
country...and more important a short stubby 50+ woman. The Patagonia's were
some sort of cotton lycra mix and never stretched or faded and sewed up
beautifully when I ran into a stone. Suggestions anyone?

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
maryanne@ratbusters.net
www.ratbusters.net