Youngsters

Hi,

It certainly seems that we have a lot of young people riding in the
mountain region, particularly in Colorado (or perhaps they just look
younger as I get older each year).  There were also some really neat
young people at the convention--Trilby was educating them on the dances
of the 1960's.

It does seem that the young women who start to ride with me don't last
very long though.  LSD is not compatable with little children's
schedules.  By the time the children are old enough to ride seriously,
their mothers are in their 30's and being "show Moms" for the next ten
years.  Finally, the kids are off to college or have discovered the
opposite sex and lost interest in their horses for a while and Mom, now
in her forties, can ride to her heart's content and discovers Endurance.

I never have figured out a pattern for the men in this sport.  They
appear to be a rather unclassifiable group.

Joane and the Herd
Price, Utah
Lyoness@Castlenet.com