RE: RC: Re: Women and standards

The first car I learned to drive:
1971 VW Bug....I was 10 yrs old, it was a stick (I even remember sitting in the engine compartment when Dad was rebuilding the engine SANDING the rust off of the flywheel before he put the engine back into it :-)

Next car: 1970 Vega (remember those?), first 'legal' car....stick
Next: 1989 Hundai--stick
1980 Citation--stick
Then 1985 Nissan truck--stick
1990 Plymouth--auto
1989 Van--auto
1992 Crown Vic--auto
1995 Miata--stick
1997 Ford truck--stick
1985 Subaru--stick
1990 Subaru--stick (husband who CANNOT drive a stick burned the clutch out on this one 6 mo after I turned the keys over to it!)
1990 Ford Diesel truck--auto
and Current vehicle 2001 Expedition--auto

19?? Case 730--Stick (along with a couple of other 'control levers')

This woman can drive a stick--but it's tough to tend the younguns while downshifting through the slaloms for me these days ;-)

Corrine Osborne
corrineosborne@email.com