Re: Saddles: sportsaddle

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steph Teeter" <steph@endurance.net>

> Karen - the most I've ever done on the SS is a 50 miler. Besides not
really
> preferring the saddle personally (too wide and padded) I have a problem
that
> I haven't been able to solve: the tops of my half chaps get caught on the
> bottom of the leather flaps that cover the rigging. It's ok if I don't
wear
> half chaps. Anybody else have - and solved - this problem?
>
> Steph

Definately got the answer for that one........full sheepskin cover, down to
the stirrups.  Keeps the ring under the flap from bugging your knee, and
keeps chaps from catching on the flap.  I believe Karen Chaton still markets
them on her website-my friend Tammy makes them specifically for the
sportsaddle, they are custom fitted around the cantle (not just slopped
over), are gorgeous, long wearing, and beautifully stitched.  Also keep the
saddle looking knew.  Karen Chaton, please let us know if you are still
working with Tammy, or I can post her email.

Karen Sullivan