Young people and endurance

I'd say I'm a fairly young person in the crowd, I'm 24 and a wannabe endurance
rider.  I've decided to take the year to develop my mare with LSD and then start
limited distance next year once we know each other better and I'm confident she
won't wig out on me at a ride. :)  I think the reason a lot of people in our age
group aren't involved in endurance is that you need money to start out.
Saddles, a trailer, etc, and a lot of people our age don't have that kind of
money or are spending it in other ways (cars, clothes, food) :)   Even at the
barn I ride at I'm the youngest person aside from the occassional barn rats
whose parents bring them along.

Julienne
& Isabella