Re: RC: Old Mac Horse Boots

Re: Old Mac Boots: I am currently investigating all kinds of boots as my
horses are currently barefoot and need some protection after more than
about 15 miles. I have found easyboots to be a lot more difficult to keep
on without shoes -esp. if the hoof is not shaped well for an eboot. The
foam just got to be a real chore for frequent use.

The only comment I have about the Old Macs is they seem to be made for a
wide, round type hoof according to their measuring chart. I have an email
in to them asking if the boots will work on other shapes even if the hoof
doesn't match the sizing chart exactly. Overall though the comments I have
read about them have been positive.

Another boot on the market getting some good reviews is the Swiss Boot -
it's at http://www.primechoice.com/swissboot/page2.html.

The other option (a bit pricier and probably more for someone trying to
ride barefoot regularly as opposed to providing extra protection on a shod
horse) are Horsesneakers at www.horsneaker.com.

Keep in mind when you see these prices that if you are barefooting it for
all riding as I am right now, the price of the boots very quickly takes
care of itself compared to shoeing every 5 weeks or so. If you are wanting
a boot to use more as a spare on a shod horse then the prices on these will
knock your socks off :)

If you really want the scoop on different boots, join the barefoot list on
Yahoo Groups at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barefootedhorses and search
the archives for any of these boots. There are some folks out there using
each one for some serious riding.

Tina - boot shopping as we speak
tina@autoairbagcovers.com

]