Circly Y Sportsaddle

I'm new  to endurance,  going to get introduced to a limited distance
ride on June 9 - Road Warrior race in Canton, TX.

I've got a Circly Y sportsaddle, Bob Marshall.  I loved it when I used
it with my 16 h Appaloosa. I hate it with my 14h Arabian. I'm having a
heck of a time getting things to fit this horse.

My concern is that this saddle will be too hot for an endurance ride.
Also, the major issue is that it is harder than heck to get a saddle pad
that fits it. It is short from front to back, aprox 28" but long from
side to side, 30 something inches, close to 40 (It has been a few weeks
since I measured.).  I did find a saddle pad in Sportack by Toklat.  I
hope it arrives in the mail soon!  By all appearances I've finally found
a pad that will fit.

I also don't like the girth.  I ordered a Biothane Quick Cinch and am
hoping this helps.  By the time I get my horse saddled I have this wad
of wrapped up nylon up under my leg and it bugs me.  Due to the treeless
nature of the saddle it definitely needs a breastcollar as it will slip
backwards easily, or seems to on my Arabian.  I've ordered Biothane
breastcollar and am wondering if  I should have gotten the crupper.

It is comfortable and I can tell if my horse is tense or not, likewise,
he knows if I am tense!  I have to keep that in mind.  Due to the deep
seat and being able to 'know' if he is going to jump it is literally
impossible to unseat me.  (I learned how well from a hard bucking QH a
few years ago! I never left the saddle much to his suprise.)

Why do I ride with it? Well, I'm new to this sport and I'm at a loss as
to which endurance saddle to try.  An endurance friend told me last
weekend she's been through 16 saddles in 4 years! She said saddles are
the bane to the endurance rider!!

Kris