Re: Water Bucket Shoulder

Hi Linda,

I make myself switch sides and carry the bucket on my left side for half the
distance, it get easier after a few months.  :-)  Also, have found that the
muscles in my neck tighten up and cause me severe shoulder pain (had x-rays
and physical therapy to diagnose this one).  My shoulder will tighten up to
the point where I can't use/lift my arm, and trying to sleep at night is
miserable, there's just no position that makes the shoulder stop aching.
The P/T got me stretching my neck muscles - which immensely helps my
shoulder.  My stretch is to try and lower my left ear down to the left
shoulder using the weight of my head to give the stretch (keep the muscles
loose)...  You should be able to feel the stretch from your neck all the way
to the shoulder.  Also trying to lower my chin to my chest, keeping the back
of the neck "tall",  letting the weight of my head do the stretching (no
straining).  You might give these a try and see if they help.

Michelle