Re: PNER] MORE RIDE ENTRY TIPS

Angie <rides2far@juno.com> said:

>Also, the Chicken Chase ride asked for my tag # and a description
>of my rig.  Good idea.  I've been a ride manager wandering around camp
>with a horse I'd caught at 3 AM, waking people up, asking, "Is number 32
>yours?"

I started doing this on my rides for a similar purpose--so that when
the day was done and I had one rig left over with nobody around it,
I could figure out who was missing.  It has turned out to be remarkably
unhelpful.  Most people don't know their own license plate number,
and I get too many "GMC pickup with white trailer" descriptions to
be useful to distinguish one from the other.

Instead, it is better to give people a big card with their number
written on it in permanent marker when they check in and tell them to
stick it under their windshield wiper.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA