Re: RC: Final response

>My company will no longer sell anything to a Ridecamper--only to those
>endurance people on my list--and I'm in the process of eliminating all the
>idiots from that list. There will be no further giveaways, no help, and no
>discussion from me on Ridecamp. You deserve each other.
>

>Tom Ivers, President
>Equine Racing Systems, Inc.
>  <A HREF="http://www.equineracing.com/">ERS Home Page</A>

OK, now, isn't that something?  He makes his arguments, but ends with
a blast at all the non-combatants:  Tom paints everyone who HAS NOT
posted on this subject with the same broad brush, just because they
are registered members of ridecamp.

Whoooo-eeee!  I wonder how many endurance riders will stay on his
list with his decree that nobody can belong to ridecamp?  An amazing
attitude--way beyond curmudgeonly, IMO, and into downright cranky.

I guess he meant to insult Steph as well, besides all of the entrants
to the Biltmore ride.

I suppose nobody brings an ill-prepared horse to the racetrack,
either.  I guess none of those owners and/or trainers never make
mistakes.  Nope.

We have our share of people in this sport who are over-horsed,
over-confident, unprepared--but unlike the track, most of us don't
employ trainers.  We're doing it on our own, and it's my feeling that
very damn few people set out to be ignorant at their horse's expense.
Some have more trouble learning from others.   I'm proud of the
members of our sport, in general--helpful with advice to newbies,
sharing gear and tried and true strategies, etc.

I've gained a lot of knowledge from Tom's posts, and am sorry he
chooses to let the actions of a few dominate his attitude towards the
rest of the sport's participants.

I read Bill Proctor's posts, nearly from the beginning, and was
impressed at the dedication that came through, to improve his horse's
performance in a calculated and careful way.  These disclosures that
the competitions were not in AERC events were a revelation to me.
I'm carefully reviewing posts from people I know such as Darolyn.
It's hard to believe that all of his workouts, simulated events and
competitions could or would be faked.  But rather than being a rabid
sort that wants to see a "winner" pulled down, I just want the facts,
Jack.  Concrete information, not speculation.

C'est la guerre--may everyone's true colors shine through, so that we
all can practice the fine art of discernment.  If you don't know what
that word means, it's worth going to http://merriam-webster.com/ to
see for yourself.

Lynne

Ontario, California    http://www.lynnesite.com