No Subject

I have a Magellan 300 someone gave us because they didn't like it. It is not
very accurate in a vehicle, even on a straight road. I checked it against
the mile markers on the interstate & our vehicle odometer & it was
consistantly a tenth mile short every mile. Even marking points at every
significant change of direction the route would be way short of our
odometer. I wasn't driving so I was watching to make sure it was always
tracking at least 3 satellite above 20 degrees horizon.
I might try playing with it when we ride, but with all the hills and dense
tree cover I don't expect it to work as far as figuring mileage.
If i had a good topo map & stopped in a clearing I think the readings would
give me an idea where I was in relation to the map.
Nancy Mitts