Scratches

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Just for clarification, I only clip the pastern area, I leave the feathers. The scratches are worse if I don't clip. Luckily he doesn't get them at every ride. I recall reading somewhere awhile back that getting scratches at a ride was mostly a West coast problem due to the alkalinity or acidosis of the soil.

When he does get scratches, I treat with Eqyss Micro Tek shampoo and spray. Usually clears it up in a few days. I'll try the apple cider vinegar or athlete's foot medication before the desitin on our next ride.

Jeanne & Sonny