Re: RC: where to get ex-racehorse arabs?

In a message dated 1/10/01 10:42:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< howcome it's OK to take a horse that's been worked hard at 2 and turn it
into an
 endurance horse?  >>
    Arabs off the track are started as a 3 year old.  Most that come off the
track early in the season were slow and are moved on for something different
from track racing.  Prices are lower because owner is not wanting to pay for
shipping back to the farm.  Which can be across the US.  From our observation
of Arabs on the track, the leg problem of damage is not as common as other
breeds.
    You do need to know the track trainers and owners to get a straight on
answer about history of their horses.  We have, great connections at our
local track.  My friend at the track does the horse ID's and tattoos.  She
lets me know about some of the under-the-table information about some of
them.  This helps us a bunch.
Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269