Saddles Issues - swayback?

Hi everyone,
My fiance is having a saddle problem I'd like to get advice on.  Last year he
bought a 17 1/2" Tucker Endurance saddle - wide tree.  About 2 months later in
August, a chiropractor came out to check Tavi and saddle fit.. apprently the
rigging was manufactured crooked and was twisting on Tavi's back, also affecting
the position of the rider.  Tucker saddlery was nice enough to accept the saddle
back, even saying they would exchange it for an extra wide tree which Tavi also
needed.  Well, it's been 5 months and we finally recieved the saddle yesterday.
The rigging was straight and aligned, but it was not an extra wide tree, only a
wide.   We found last night that it is also bridging along his back.  Tavi is a
14.3, stout paint with a slight sway back.  His back is also fairly short.
Here's a photo of him (ignore the monkey on his back) :)

http://home.pacbell.net/thumper4/pix/tavi/tavi10.html

Would a wider tree remedy the bridging along his back?  Are there any saddles
out there that successfully fit a slightly swaybacked short back?  I'd imagine
there would be arabs out there with the same problem since they tend to be
shorter backed than other breeds.  My fiance is about 200lbs, I don't think a
sports saddle would be appropriate..  any suggestions?  If a wider tree won't
help, we're thinking about just exchanging the saddle for another brand at a
local saddlery that deals Tucker Saddles.

Thanks,
Julienne