Re: RC: Re: Duel Sanctioning

In a message dated 5/11/01 9:32:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lanconn@tds.net
writes:

What should be the objective here?  To come up with ONE set of rules we
can all live with? Generate an AERC rule to override FEI rules? To bring
to FEI's attention to the conflicts we are having to deal with to play
internationally? What approach do you think we should take?

We NEED a resolution to this problem for the good of AERC.  I am not
opposed to FEI or having our AERC riders complete internationally or
even FEI sanctioning of AERC rides....but we all need to all get on the
same page.  Right now, we're not even in the same book.

Do you feel it is necessary to come up with ONE set of rules?  Can't we just
do as we should be doing, and that is have two rides at the same time, each
under its own set of rules?  At the moment, I can't think of a reason this
won't work.  And we don't need vast numbers of rides to qualify riders for
Pan Am and World Championships.
All I know is that for many years, a majority of AERC members urged me to
"fight FEI takeover" of AERC events.  Somehow, to think that all AERC rides
would be under the jurisdiction of FEI just leaves me utterly depressed.
AERC is OUR organization, and I for one want it to stay that way, not have it
be absorbed by an international organization that dictates to us.
Furthermore, it isn't just FEI we'd be dealing with, but also AHSA, our
national equestrian federation.  Too many entities, all trying to have their
own bit of control over our relatively uncomplicated and fun sport.

Barbara