the Derby

Hello ridecampers,
I know this is far from the subject of endurance but I just wanted
to remind you all that the kentucky derby is this saturday.
I have been watching the Derby ever sence I could remember its a great
race.
With the derby coming up I can't help to think that I have never
seen an thoughbreeds in endurance at all.
Does anyone know why?
Also I want to bring up another subject of the age for endurance
I think its great that in endurance you can enter a 50 unless your
horse is over 5 years.This is good because it gives the young ones
time to grow and have their knees close all the way.
In throughbreed racing the horse are racing at the age of 2 1/2 basicly
its like putting a 12 year old child in a marathon.
I have heard of alot of thoughbreeds being put down at an early age
because of being raced to young.
Does anyone else have a problem with this besides me?
Well happy Trails
Colleen K.