bitless bridle

(Previously wrote:)
Linda wrote:
Chelle, I have one too but you mentioned you like how your horse can eat
and drink in it.  That is what I don't like about it is to have the
control the noseband needs to be tight enough which does not allow any
eating and drinking.  Along the trail I think it is important a horse
can stop and eat or drink w/o you having to get off and loosen the
noseband.  That is my main complaint.  Is there something I am missing?
Marlene wrote:
On the Bitless Bridle site, they do mention that the noseband should be very
tight.  I've wondered at that - the only thing I can figure is that maybe
that version doesn't have the noseband rings at the side of the nose and
they're worried about twisting the noseband.

**

I have the Bitless Bridle from Marlene and was somewhat concerned about this as
well.  However, from the first time I've used the bridle I've always left up to
two fingers room in the noseband..  and haven't noticed an adverse effect on the
useability of the bridle.. in fact, I'm wondering why the site recommends a
tight noseband at all?  On the trail my mare can eat just fine with the bridle
and I haven't seen the loose noseband get caught in the reins if that's what the
concern is..

Julienne
&Isabella