Panacur nightmare?

> An elimination diet is VERY hard and takes FOREVER - you can't >
eliminateone item at a time because the allergens stay in the system for
a > long> time.  The best way to do it is to reduce the diet to a single
item,

Once about 10 years ago I had a new Arab mare and a friend had  bought
her pasturemate gelding.  We took them on a LONG ride.  You know, found a
new trail was just sure it would loop back, ended up riding 8 hours and
having to ride two poor green horses around a mountain, along a river,
back through neighborhoods that were putting in septic lines with 10'
trenches blocking the path after dark. Finding out just how many members
of suburbia have bug zappers while on a green horse. You know, one of
those days you tell about later.  The next day the gelding was covered
with hives.  The mare didn't get hives, but her lower legs swelled up
from the knees down and she was covered with weepy yellow serum leaking
little sores.  Have no idea what caused it.  Maybe we stressed them
mentally and physically, and then they had a reaction to something...a
plant? who knows.  The thing is, they went away on their own. The hives
went away pretty quick, the scabby lower legs took a week or so.  If I'd
started eliminating things I might have thought that did it.  Didn't take
them on any more 8 hour river rides any time soon either.

As far as laminitis goes...I'd always be scared if they used that word.
If the steroids could cause the laminitis, why risk the steroids?  Other
than looking awful, did anything about her reaction look life
threatening?  Can you afford to see if it goes away?

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.