Selling horses

Jan Mills Kennedy jmkennedy@netonecom.net
Boy can I Relate to this one..I hate selling horses which may explain why I have 4 and only ride one!!A few years back I had a good gelding for sale and advertised him..a lady called wanted him for distance. Came up with her endurance saddle and we went for a ride. Smoke was very light on his aids and she rode the whole time with her heels in his side pulling back on the reins with me screaming "Let off the reins get your leg off him" as he was doing 'airs above the ground". Then someone else called looking for dead broke horse. Explained he was not the horse for her as he liked to get out and move. They called again and requested video. again I told them I didn't think he was what they were looking for. She had had back surgery and needed something really calm and a smooth mover.Smooth mover he was..dead head No!! They came up any how. Her husband rode the horse and he did great. She was getting ready to mount when she said "If I fall off I will be in bed for 6 months" Warning popped into my head(along with gut feeling) Lawsuit waiting to happen!! I said "no you won't because I will not let you ride this horse" which made her instantly mad and she said there were lots of good horses around and I replyed that I was sure there was and Smoke was a good horse but he was not the horse for her and she was scared to death so she was not getting on him. All worked out as I smoothed ruffled feathers and I eventually sold the horse to a great home but I was ready to say the same things you wanted to say.
Buying a horse can be as much fun.I've been going to write an article on THAT one!!!how tall is she??Pretty tall her head is as tall as mine. What color? Sorrel with black mane and tail and 4 white PAWS????I could go on and on but I won't Have to go riding It cleanses the soul..Appy Trails Jan in Michigan

///