buy horse woes storey

Hello ridecampers,
Heidi just hang in there you will eventually find someone right to buy your
horse.
I have simular storey about the buying horse blues a few years back.
Mom had been looking for a good trail/potental endurance horse,
we had been looking for a while a friend of a friend
said that this guy had a great arab mare for sale.
So we arange to go out and see her, she had the bod for endurance
she was built, get legs great feet great back.
So we meet the owner and we do some ground work to see how she moves.
She handled great on the ground. So then I arange to ride her in the
arena then out on the trail she did well a little spocky but ok.
Mom kept asking questions about her quarks.
He mainly siad she was an all around good horse but you could tell
he was holding back.
So we ask him if I could go ride her at a fun ride my friend was hosting
down the street during the weekend to see how she would do around other
horses on the trail.
So the weekend came we got there early and brushed her tacked her up
and I mounted her and she had a little additude and reared up on me
well I told my mom that I was'nt  going to ride down the street if
she was going to act like this.
So we decided to take her to the indoor arena and work her down a little
bit.
So I led her towards the gate of the indoor arena when all of a sudden
she spooks at the horse that was lose in the arena she went from 0 to about
50 in a second gallops off dragging me on the ground litterly.
spocks at something else changes drections and jumps over me on the ground
about tramples me and takes off towards the other end of the
property.
So here I am bloody and scrapped up shakeing my poor mom screaming in
horror.
I then turn to my mom who was in tears and siad "I aint ridin that horse
mom."
She just nodded.
So I untacked her and we went to the fun ride anyway someone let me  borrow
there horse to ride sence she-devil about killed me and Polaris
was at home.
After the fun ride we meet up with the owner and he finally told us the
whole storey about "she-devil".
He siad that she had never been trailered in her life and she was 16 at
the time.
You could never ride her when she was in season because she was so moody
and she was in season when she tried to kill me. you have to do ground work
with her for  at least 2 hours before riding her or else she will be
nutzo.He then told us that other day before we came he purposely
worked her down so she would look great and trainned!!!
I just siad well gees thanks for telling me now!!
I told him we would'nt pay any less then 10 cents for the bitch
and then I walked off.
So thats a good little storey for those of you who are in the market
for any horse really really really reserch the horse before you make
a desssion.
Well happy trails Goin ridein now
Colleen & Polaris(Mom are you still on the putter?)