Over the Edge

In a message dated 4/19/01 4:12:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
katswig@earthlink.net writes:

<<And if I were a vet at an endurance ride, giving a briefing to rider before
they were going to head out on a tough ride, _I_ wouldn't be telling
endurance riders to push their horses close to the edge.  I would say, "We,
as endurance riders, more than any other competitive sport, are very careful
to keep our horses as far from the edge as we possibly can.">>

How the heck did you get the idea that he was saying to push their horses
close to the edge in those paragraphs I wrote?  That isn't at all what he was
saying and I don't see how you could read it that way.

It was a friggen warning.  Warning, be careful.  You can push your horse more
than you may realize and by then, it's too late; he's on an IV.  Maybe it's
my writing style, but somehow you really misread that.

Sorry to respond to you so late, I've been out of town at a ride.

cya,
Howard (some things even I don't joke about; this is one)