Rearing

Kim Mowatt horsecounsellor@saltspring.com
We need advice! My riding partner has a ten year old pinto mare that has started to rear when she wants to return to the barn. Her last rearing incident resulted in my friend falling,losing consciousness,and breaking her arm. She has just started this. We have ruled out ill fitting tack. My friend insists on taking her up into the mountains as she says"I can't give up on her!" I follow her with as much first aid equipment as I can manage on my horse. What advice do you have?