Re: RC: Re: good EZ boot sale (Easy boots redesigned)

At 07:25 PM 04/20/2001 -0500, April Johnson wrote:
>www.easyboot.com and click on New Easyboot Design on the left menu under
>Easyboot Information.
>
>I'd love any comments from people, especially if they actually have used the
>newly designed boots.

I guess everybody but me must be at a ride this weekend..............so I
guess I may as well comment.  I don't really have much to add, the new boot
design is definitely an improvement and will be great for riders who just
want to grab a boot and be able to use it without doing anything to it.

I haven't been grinding the toes on the new boots.  Which saves me from
getting easyboot dust all over the garage and my face <G>......but I still
take them apart so I can cut the heel strap down, and also cut down the
back of the boot even more.  I also smash down the metal teeth so they are
flat, and put about three layers of duct tape over the top of them.  I do a
couple of other things too, but I can't go and give away all of my secrets!
:=D  (and when I do use a grinder, I tend to grind the toes a bit more, but
the new ones are good enough)

So yeah, the new boot design is great.  If you want a good deal then get
the old style boots -- nothing wrong with them, they just take a little
more work to get ready. It all depends on what you want to use them for.  A
spare tire, to ride in once in a blue moon over a really rocky trail, or if
you want to distance ride in them and actually ride 50 or 100 or 250 miles
in them.  If you do, then everybody has to learn by trial and error how to
fit the boots to each horse.  I think I could rate the difficulty of most
rides simply by wear and tear on my easyboots!

I really do need to update these pages a bit, but here is more easyboot info:

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/ridephotos/EZ-boot/Easyboot.html

and:

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/ridephotos/EZ-boot/Easybootnew.html

Ever since I've been using the duct tape, my farrier has been
happy.  Vetwrap also works, but I can't always get the boots on (too snug),
and this is a great option.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV