Re: RC: RE: Snooty people

When you come across an Arabian show breeder, the way to "get" them is to
mention that you do endurance and ask if they think any of the Arabs they
breed would be good enough to do Tevis (or whatever ride name you think
they'd recognize).  Don't give them a chance to answer, just immediately
get all apologetic and mention how hard it is, how great their legs have to
be, how superior an attitude the successful endurance horse is, so that
without saying it directly, you are challenging them to come up with a
defense of their Arabians as endurance prospects.

I've been going to the Arabian Nationals & other shows and hanging out with
show people for years and none of them every get snooty towards me or my
Tevis buckles.  In fact, I've been pleasantly surprised to have some big
name show people come up and tell me about endurance rides they've done.

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
                           STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html
   Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options