Re: Fear--long

In a message dated 4/17/01 11:45:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tamarahabberley@lineone.net writes:

<< is Knightmare the one you bred yourself and had a good dam who produced two
 naughty foals >>

Wow, great memory, Tamara!  Yes, the dam was an amazing athlete and both
foals were quite headstrong and assertive.  Knightmare was the more tractable
of the two, due in part I believe, to an early weaning and being raised by an
easygoing Appy mare.  Dancer was the older filly who was so bold that she
would attack anything new in her pasture, including me in a rain slicker.

And no Knightmare is not all bad. Knightmare clearly has a decent mind given
that she fell down, and just got up and walked around a little (didn't run
away), and then stood quietly to let me re-mount.  She also did fine when we
walked up and down the driveway, other than turning MUCH quicker than I
expected when I asked for turns.  I thought I was asking for a 90 degree
turn, but Knightmare stopped and spun on her hind legs and suddenly we were
going the opposite direction.  I really think she's going to be a wonderful
riding horse if I can just get a grip on myself.

Rhonda