Daily Strongid

> I'm not doubting you, Angie,

Feel free to doubt me.  I just had some people tell me about cases and
sort of catalogued it in my mind.  Then had a friend whose horse
suddenly, for no reason that they could tell came into a check doing
great, well within his usual capabilities, then crashed so violently that
she almost lost him.  Only heroic efforts by the vet saved him.  We were
riding down the trail with her telling me about it how she'd never do
another 100 on him it was so unexplainable and unpredictable when it
happened. Sounded just like the other cases I'd been told of, so I said,
"You don't happen to have him on daily Strongid do you?"  She said, "Yes,
why?"  That did it for me.  Now I just stay away from it while people
like you step in and figure out what's happening.  Sort of like when
Purina Athlete came out.  Nobody knew *why* there was a problem, but
everybody quit using it pretty fast when freaky stuff started happening.

I know it's risky throwing out bits of info like that with no proof, but
that seems to be how we learn so much so fast on this list, bouncing
ideas back & forth and figuring out trends.  I heard someone say it could
be a problem them taking them *off* of it for rides.  Anybody got in info
on that?  As far as the anemia end of it.  You might check with Debbie
Morrisette.  I know her mare Vali HiFayzera (sp?) took a big dive in
performance when she was on it and she finally figured out it was the
culprit. I remember she won a bucket of it at a ride and even though it
was really expensive she wouldn't take it home.  On the other hand, the
ride manager who gave it away loved the stuff.  I say, when in doubt, do
what's cheapest. >g<

Angie