AERC/NATRC dif

Hi All,

      NATRC is a timed, judged trail ride.  Competitor is given a certain
amount of time to complete a marked trail with 1/2 hour leeway in the time.
Horse is judged for soundness, recoveries, manners.  Rider is judged for
general care of horse & equipment, trail manners & trail equitation.  The
point is to have the horse look at the finish just as good as it did at
check-in.  Do try an NATRC ride; it really is a seminar in how to get a horse
through 20-40 miles of trail.  Taught me most of what I know:)

Judy Etheridge
Sunol, CA