Re: RC: Bucket bangers

Either fill them continuously thru the night  Agreed, but....  get bigger
buckets   fasten them completely to trailer   or put them on the ground and
leave the lead rope longer.YKES! I see lines tied so long as to allow the
horse to put a foot over it. We would NEVER tie a horse this long, neither
would we tie it long enough to REACH a bucket on the ground.
 After years
of having to tie to the rig (and aside from the NOISE it the continual and
unrhythmic movement of the rig) is the knowledge that a horse cannot
possibly be at their best after a night standing in one spot. Last week we
wrote a check for portable corrals. No, we aren't rich, and there are other
things we could - and probably should - do with that $$, but it IS the best
solution to both safety and health concerns. Don't EVER think that tying a
horse long so as to reach food or water is safe. It isn't. One good look at
the pasterns of a horse years ago who had been caught up in a tie line
convinced me - if I have to go out 5 times during the night to keep adding
feed to a hay bag I will. If you can't afford the corrals, you can make a
set for about $250 (16' x 16') including hardware. I priced it. I also
figured that the cost of making three came so close to buying 'real' ones
(and making a PVC divider to create 3) was so close we opted to spring for
the extra $$ to finally get what we should have for our horses in the first
place.