RE: Choke

Denise Johnson dollyjj@earthlink.net
The only time i've experienced a  horse choke was a day before an endurance ride.   My gelding apparently
choked on his not throughly soaked beet pulp.   Green goop was coming out of both nostrils and he was obviously
distressed.    Ridecamp vets weren't due for a couple of hours.    We massaged his throat to no avail.   I decided
to try something.  We untied his buddy horse  and took him out of my horse's view.   I knew my horse would
whinny for him and hopefully relax the neck muscles.  Well, he whinnied several times and within minutes we knew
the blockage had passed.   Worked for us!

Denise Johnson