Re: RC: Re: Barbed wire fencing

VERY important to watch the grouping of horses in barbed wire enclosures.  My
mare had been out in the same pasture for several months with a variety of
horses, mares and geldings, with no problems.  For some reason the woman I
boarded with decided she was going to put Misty Moon out this particular day
with only two geldings, one of which was kept in the next stall.  She had
been kicking at the stall wall at this gelding since he moved in a week or so
before.  I don't know what was in this woman's head, whether she thought they
would work it out if they were pastured together or what.  End result, the
gelding ran her through the barbed wire, which she knew was there and had
never had any problems with before.  She ended up sliced and diced from one
end to the other, and I ended up with a vet bill, stitches, and a new
boarding situation.  Mixing sexes in a barbed wire pasture can be a real
problem, as some geldings will chase and harass a mare unmercifully.   jeri