Barbed wire fencing

Hi,

I'm from the northeast where barbed wire fencing is not used for horses.  I'm considering moving with my 2 horses to Cheyenne, Wyoming and I know that this type of fencing is primarily used.  I know, dumb Yankee here, but how do you introduce a horse to this type of fencing without them getting injured?

If you're wondering why I'm asking, my first experience with barbed wire and one of my horse wasn't a good one and it has me a little nervous.  I was trailering out to WY last summer and had a stop-over in western Nebraska and the place we stayed at had barbed wire fencing.  To make a long story short, my mare accidently ran into it and had to stay at a nearby vet clinic for 2 weeks.  She fully recovered and will probably respect the fence next time but my other horse loves to lean on fences and push out boards.

Thank you!
Kerry
West Suffield, CT
<HTML>
<HEAD>

</HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT: 8pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=1>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>I'm from the northeast where barbed wire fencing is not used
for horses.&nbsp; I'm considering moving with my 2 horses to Cheyenne, Wyoming
and I know that this type of fencing is primarily used.&nbsp; I know, dumb
Yankee here, but how do you introduce a horse to this type of fencing without
them getting injured?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>If you're wondering why I'm asking, my first experience with
barbed wire and one of my horse wasn't a good one and it has me a little
nervous.&nbsp; I was trailering out to WY last summer and had a stop-over in
western Nebraska and the place we stayed at had barbed wire fencing.&nbsp; To
make a long story short, my mare accidently ran into it and had to stay at a
nearby vet clinic for 2 weeks.&nbsp; She fully recovered and will probably
respect the fence next time but my other horse loves to lean on fences and push
out boards.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Thank you!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Kerry</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>West Suffield, CT&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>