Re: RC: Hoof abcess

guest@endurance.net writes:

.  I am torn between placing a shoe over it open or somehow putting dentine
or other hardener in the hold before appling the shoe.  I am planning on a
50 next weekend and will use a easyboot over the shoe.

You could either put a wad of cotton soaked in 7% iodine in the hole, then
shoe with pad over it, or do the same with cotton and wrap it with Vetwrap to
hold cotton in place. Then put an Easyboot over it and ride.  I think we have
done this in the past with success.  Should work as long as there is no pain.

Barbara