Fwd: Swanton Pacific 75-100

In a message dated 4/6/01 8:36:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, BMcCrary27 writes:

Entries are available for Swanton Pacific 100 and our new offering, SP 75.
The 75 mile ride is achieved by taking two significant shortcuts.  The rest
of the trail, and generally the most beautiful, will be the same.  Both
rides will use the same vet checks, except for the last one at 94 miles for
the 100 miler.  The 75s will miss this one.
This is a spectacularly scenic trail, very challenging but safe, with
highly varied terrain and vegetation.  Most of it is on forest roads, with
a small amount of single track.  It is a trail for well-conditioned,
experienced horses.  The weather is generally mild, there is minimal dust,
if any, and lots of shade.  There is plenty of water on the trail, either
natural or provided; snacks are offered, rescue trailers are available, and
the ride can be done "crewless."  COME JOIN US IN OUR NINETEENTH YEAR.
This is one of THE rides to do!

Barbara McCrary, ride mgr.
330 Swanton Road
Davenport, CA  95017 (on the coast, 60 miles S of San Francisco)
Phone: 831-423-4572
Fax: 831-423-8869
E-mail: BMcCrary27@aol.com

Someone pointed out that I had forgotten to include the date.......it is July
7th.
Also, for those of you who live a 7 hour drive or greater from Santa Cruz,
CA, you may come in on Thursday.  We're not officially open until Friday AM,
but I know that horses that have been trailered for such a long period of
time need to rest their legs.  But not ALL of the amenities will be in place
until Friday.

Barbara

---- Begin included message ----

---- End included message ----