RE: Re: [endurance] Difference in Arabians

<<> I've been
> told that the Egyptian lines are mostly the show horse type and the
> reason they don't make good endurance horses is because they are
> finer
> boned with those really delicate legs which can easily be injured in
> such a physically demanding sport.

  NO, that statement is ONLY true if you're looking at the Egyptians bred
by the people who are only thinking of the "Halter Horse Investment (that
can send your kids to college) Scam."  Well bred  Egyptians can do
endurance as well as any other bloodline.  The thing to remember is that
for endurance - look at the HORSE more so than the bloodlines.  Good
conformation, good attitude and good health is what you want.  It might
be a good idea to get a mentor that can help you in your search for the
perfect horse.>>

I agree.  But that was my original opinion too.  Even when I saw some of the
Arabs where I bought my now 4 yr old (before I'd ever heard of endurance).
I thought my baby was going to be a light boned airhead.

The jury is still out on the airhead in some circumstances.  He is very
smart and just loves the trail.  He is mostly very bold, but when he spooks,
it is big.  His legs are turning out beautifully.  His feet are good (not
great, but good) which I am very happy about, especially since he started
slightly clubby.  He's turning out way too tall - 15.2 from parents under
15, which I am not thrilled about.  And even though I'm not a great judge of
confirmation - I just love to watch him move.  You can just tell he's put
together well.

He also has a half brother doing well in endurance.  And lots of other
siblings doing well in the show ring.  All from the same breeding program
too.

Marlene
www.mossrockendurance.com