Re: Fw: Legislative alert involving all horse people

A couple of days ago I got another copy of this panic over the proposed PWBA
final rule.  I
took the time to go to the US Department of Labor site and look it up.  The
proposed rule does include "dangerous recreational activities"  specifically
as "health factors".  This part was gotten right by the person who started
this panic.

After looking several pages into the 95 page document, which is written in
the usual government double talk, I found that the rule prevents group
insurers from using "health factors" to deny coverage or to change the cost.
This is directly opposite to the interpretation given in the panic.

 WE NEED THIS RULE AS PROPOSED!!  ONLY IF DANGEROUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
ARE CONSIDERED TO BE "HEALTH FACTORS" ARE WE PROTECTED.

There is a few morals here:
1. Before passing on things like this, spend the time to read the source to
verify the truth.
2. Governmental regulations are confusing and must be read very carefully.
3. Governmental agencies usually (but not always) make their rules to follow
the intent of the legislation.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016