What about the take care/ vet fund

Teresa Van Hove vanhove@ucar.edu
What happened with the "Take Care"? proposal at the convention?
Is the board waiting for more input to make a decision?  Has a fund
been set up that individuals can contribute to?

I would have rather been paying an extra $1.00 for this than to fund
jackets for the 100's of 10 ten awards; but I do think the bod was
right to raise per ride fees rather than membership dues and I guess
the majority of membership wanted fancier prizes; and there is no reason
that they cannot also add $1.00 to go towards funding the veterinary
committee.

BTW: I think the veterinary committee could do a lot of good for a lot
of horses by videotaping the veterinary session at future conventions and
making tapes availabe for rental to help train new ride vets and local
vets who support the sport by vetting a few rides but cant justify
the expense of attending the AERC conference.  If anyone sets up a
special fund to do this I'd like to contribute to it.

Teresa