Re: RC: Fw: Join AERC

Sandy,

Your question requires a short two part answer:

1)  The Sundowner AERC Discount is a Membership Drive Campaign that is a small part of the Sundowner Trailers, Inc overall Sponsorship.  As more people join AERC the organization becomes stronger, is able to attract even more Sponsors, can better provide services to the AERC Membership because we are healthier, will have a stronger voice in Trails Issues due to increased numbers, etc.

2) By developing the Sponsorship Program in 1998-99, AERC has insured that our Members will have less and smaller dues increases in the future, has insured the viability of AERC for the membership, has increased AERC's exposure to the public in a positive manner, and has brought AERC to a position of financial integrity...all without any cost to the AERC Membership!

I believe the AERC Membership has benefited greatly from both #1 and #2 above.  I don't view the Sundowner/AERC Discount as a "reward" for new members, it is an incentive for people to join and experience the fun of endurance as an AERC Member.  The program is responsible for a 20% increase in AERC total Membership in its first year (1999) and we were able to retain most of that growth and add to it last year.  Sundowner agreed to renew the program for 5 years..running until 2006.  I belive that will translate into "rewards" for our existing membership by a growing AERC with continued good health.

Randy Eiland