Re: Horse has de Sniffoos

Carla:
  I am real hesitant to second guess anyone, especially a vet,
even more so because Susan did not mention this, but I'm taking
a deep breath and divig in anyway.... I question your use of
penicillan.  Yes there is a very good chance that she could
have a secondary bacterial infections of some sort BUT the
indiscriminate use of antibiotics has become a major health
hazard in this country due to the inceares antibotic resistance
it can lead to in a variety of pathogens.  Unfortunately people
(vets included) have gotten intot he habit opf prescibing
antibiotics because 'it can't hurt', but unfortunately we are
learning that it can.  Please, if Ansata starts improving, do
NOT stop giving her the antibotics until the course of
treatment is completed as prescribed.  Personally, I think
antibiotics should be used only when A. an infection has been
identified and B. the pathegon is shown to be responsive to the
prescribed course of treatment ir C. all else has failed or it
is a crisis and you'll try anything.   Happily I don't think C.
applies in Ansata's case.

Hope all tunrs out well.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more