Painting trailers

Need to know what I need to know to paint a trailer inside & out.
I'll be doing it myself in the great outdoors, before the bugs
arrive, I hope.  I liked the suggestion of using a roller & oil based
floor paint.  Any more good tips?

(I have a 2 horse bumper pull---black.  I will change the color to
silver.  Hope I don't have to sand off all the black!)

Thanks,

Judy &
Hilary

Orono, ME