AERC NC AND FEI

I am the ride manger for the 2001 NC ride this year to be held in Kentucky.
The vets were already chosen long before we even thought it would be FEI - so
for all the ones who think Jerry and Larry could be in "conflict of
interest," THEY are NOT paying for the vets. (actually the riders will be
paying out of the ride fees). It just so happened that we had 3 vets that we
did not even realized were FEI official vets. Dane Fraizer is our head vet
and we have 8 other vets from around the country coming. We made no changes
here to make this an FEI event and were already prepared to pay them
ourselves and still will.
Steph asked at a meeting if it could also be an FEI ride. I did not want it
to cost the riders who wanted to enter that portion of it or did not want it
to cost the management. (But had no problem if they wanted it FEI other than
cost) So we had Larry and Jerry graciously volunteer to support this part of
the ride. It will cost around $4,500.00 to get all the officials, lodge and
feed them for the 4 days. That is what they are paying for, and only that.
These officials are FEI and are on our own AERC Board. Mike Tomlinson,
Maggie Price and Susan Kasemeyer, I believe these officials can satisfy all
requirements.
As to the question of AERC or FEI, you must first be qualified and entered in
the NC ride before you can even decide to ride the FEI part of it and you are
still entered in the championship ride. (We do this type of cross entering
every time we enter a championship IAHA ride.) IF you desire to ride FEI you
will be required to carry the minimum of 154 pounds but you will ride in the
weight division in which you qualified in. (You are not allowed to change
weight divisions at this time of the year any way according to AERC.)
This is one of the few rides you will be able to have the chance to ride FEI
and not have it cost you a lot more money. Most FEI rides cost $50.00 to
$100.00 more per rider to cover all the extra cost but we had 2 of our board
members willing to pay the FEI ride fees for anyone who would like to try an
FEI ride. The AERC National Championship will be getting all the applause,
the FEI entries will be noted by saying that they were also entered in the
FEI part of the ride.
I hope everyone will plan on coming to the ride but no one needs to enter the
FEI part if they don't want to, but it will be there for anyone who wishes to
try it.
If you have any questions about the ride please feel free to ask, my e-mail
is Enduroride@aol.com  Thanks, Connie Caudill