Horsehair tassles and spooking?

Thanks for all the responses everybody.  I haven't looked at
the sites some of you have suggested yet, but will as soon
as I get a few minutes.

A couple people have told me that their horses didn't like
them.  I plan on hanging one off of each side, where the
brow band connects with the bridle.  Do horses tend to have
a problem with this?  My mare tends to be a little spooky,
so now I'm thinking this might be a bad idea.

Any experience with this out there?

I know this is such *important* stuff.  LOL

Thanks,
Jennifer