Re: RC: RE: UAE/AERC

Well,
I'm in favor of having more FEI rides in the U.S., and if the UAE is willing
to help fund them I'm all for that, too.
But, I do wonder why it is necessary or desireable to be running an FEI
event in conjunction with the National Championship.
The National Championship should be prestigious enough on it's own. I would
consider it a seperate goal from International Competition, and attainable
by a larger percentage of our membership. Adding an FEI ride would only
dilute the atmosphere, would it not? Would it be limited to FEI riders who
also qualified & entered the NC? (Is that even allowable under FEI?) Would
FEI riders not in the NC have to be included? If it is run as two seperate
rides, then people qualified for both would have to choose?
Yes, I think there is room for riders with all goals within AERC. Less than
a year ago, the very mention of FEI & AERC regular rides mixed was looked
upon with horror and suspicion, now we've swung to the other extreme
(running one with the National Championship).The coming ride season will be
the first one with several of these conjoined rides, it might be good to
step back and see how they work out

Nancy Mitts