FEI sponsorship

>Did you read his paragraphs concerning "conflict of interest(s)?"  I mean
>come on, if the FEI portion of the ride is sponsored by the same country who
>competes and competes seriously, then there's not much doubt that there's a
>conflict of interest.  If the vets and judges are paid by the same country
>who plans on winning the race, don't you see a conflict there?  Are you
>living on the same planet as the rest of us?

Howard, you're a bigger jerk than I ever suspected if you think that
sponsorship  is going to buy the vets.
I'm downright insulted.

Gee, would you accuse the Fruths and Kanavys of trying to influence the
vets because they're picking up the FEI  sanctioning tab?

I've been staying out of thus till now, but I have to say I'm with those
who have found the anti-Arab bigotry being displayed here
disgusting. If a group of endurance enthusiasts with money want to throw
some of it around to groups with less money, I don't think we need to jump
to the conclusion that there's an ulterior motive.

If folks don't want to compete on  the FEI level and against these folks,
they're certainly not being forced to. But for those who would like the
experience, what's wrong with it being underwritten by people who can
afford to do so? Considering the amount of moaning and groaning that goes
on on this list about the lack of money and the dearth of sponsorships, I'm
amazed.

And as for the UAE  supposedly buying the FEI, I can't see that one,
either. The FEI is a whole lot more than just endurance.
                                        --CMNewell, DVM