AERC/UAE sponsorship

>On 26 Mar 2001, at 14:35, guest@endurance.net wrote:
> Karen Chaton nvrider@home.com
> I have a question.  If the ride is FEI sanctioned, and is also the AERC
> National Championship ride -- how would the weight divisions
> work?  Doesn't FEI require weight to be above that of what AERC
> considers the FW division to be?  Just curious, thanx,
>
> Karen

Questions such as this are details that will have to be ironed
out by ride management.  My thoughts on the matter would be
if you are entered in the FEI portion, you have to meet the
minimum weight (around 160lbs, I think).  According to AERC
rules, you can compete in a lower weight division than your
actual weight.  For example, I am a HW rider, but if I so desired,
I could compete as a LW.  It wouldn't make much sense for me
to do so, since I would be handicapping myself by carrying
more weight than my declared competition, but I could do so.
I would imagine it would be the same way here, if you entered
the FEI portion, then you would meet the minimum weight for
FEI, but you could still be entered in the FW division of the
AERC portion, you would just be carrying more weight than
your competitors in your declared weight division.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Lem Beason