Lowering Head

April Johnson april.johnson@bigfoot.com
My first horse did this during his very first weeks of conditioning.  He'd trot with his nose on the ground.  Very disconcerting.  No saddle fit problems...I'm the bareback rider.  ;)  Anyway, I finally decided (could have been wrong) that it was easier for him to breathe that way.  Once his condition improved, he brought his head up and I never noticed him doing it again.

Just another thought.

April & Tanna
Nashville, TN