Central Region suffers another loss....

The Central Region has suffered another loss. Early Friday morning, Mike
Bowers, husband of Vonita Bowers, suffered a fatal heart attack and passed.
In addition to being a wonderful father and husband, Mike was a big
supporter of our beloved sport. He, Vonita and their two sons, Matt and
Aaron, put on the FoxFire rides each year in Chireno, Texas. They are
residents of Hughes Springs in East Texas.

Tragically, Vonita was out of town when Mike passed. Her and Sue Phillips
are still making their way back from a recent Endurance competition in
Dubai, UAE. When they land in Dallas this evening (Saturday) they will have
been flying nearly 24 hours straight. Mike's funeral, which has not been
scheduled as of this writing, will be through Reader Davis Funeral Home in
Hughes Springs, Texas (903) 639-2585.

Vonita has been a tremendous supporter of both Endurance and the AERC for
many years. Let's join together and extend our hearts and prayers to Vonita,
Matt, Aaron as they travel down this difficult section of trail.

Mike J