Only slightly endurance related

Dear All,

This is more of a medical problem than endurance, but I see we are
discussing wound treatments, sarcoids, etc., and so I thought I would ask
for advice.  It affects my wonderful Tevis mare, so it is indeed endurance
related.  I can't thank her enough for carting me around that insane trail,
so I thought I'd retire her and breed her.  Last week I hauled her down to
Al-Marah, and just today I received a call from the breeding manager to
inform me that she had big, HUGE, granulosis cell tumors on BOTH ovaries.
Successfully  breeding her looks highly unlikely.  I was just wondering if
anyone could tell me more about this, or the treatment, prognosis, etc.  I
would really appreciate it.

Anna